Thursday, July 4, 2013

Nature is reacting…



After reading about the Uttarakhand tragedy, my brothers and sisters cannot even think of the extent of tragedy or destruction that has taken place. But somehow I feel that this is a clear indication that we must consider our environment very carefully, otherwise we can expect these kinds of disasters very frequently from now on. A devastation of this Magnitude will continue to hit us in any form for long period of time. This is a lesson to us to focus on our environment protection and disaster management. 

Considering the rate of consumption of earth today for our daily needs we might require 3 or more earth’s when we reach 2030. Currently we are not in a position to hold these kinds of disaster, but still needs are more. So we should take a step forward to protect our environment at any cost. Responsibility lies in every individual who lives here and also those who want to continue breathing here. 

When I was young, I had enough playground surrounding my house, I was deeply confused which game should I play and where to play? All these kinds of unwanted thinking made my childhood healthier than what our younger generation currently has. My parents used to scold me for one thing, coming late from my favorite playground. I hated it. One of my earliest memories is praying to God that please make me an adult as fast as possible, so that I   can choose what I want. But thinking about today’s world it is something I should not have done. It is always better to be as a child without any responsibility. 

If you take any of India’s states, all are going through very tough situation, either in the form of corruptions or in any other form which keeps bothering people. They cannot be prevented, because our democracy works like this. However what is interesting is, day by day problems are getting accumulated or I don’t know whether hidden problems are coming out. Let us hope for the best.

Now take the case of Uttarakand, it is one of India’s youngest states, but it is going through one of the country’s biggest crises. Utarakkandh has always been sensitive to the vagaries of nature, which cannot be prevented. But what could have been done is the preparation to avoid this kind of devastation. Like Uttarakkandh there are many states which are facing these kinds of nature devastations. But precautions being taken by these states are different, so results are not much worrying.

In Uttarakkandh case, the Government completely failed to control or manages the pilgrims’ inflow which has been increasing in every year by double the amount of previous year count. To accommodate these increasing needs government failed to supply enough infrastructure, so private business people provided or extended the facility by violating the environment laws. This has led to pop up many violated buildings in every corners of Uttarakhand. All these contributed to the death of many people on June 16. Bad thing is State will take another three years to recover from this.  

This is a lesson to all the state governments and also people who are not considering the environment.

Let us pay tribute to all the people who died in this disaster. And also I would like to salute the Indian Army who are volunteering the rescue operation at Uttarakhand.

Keep Winning,
Madoo


No comments:

Post a Comment